At Anglo Motorsport we focus on getting the best out of our drivers and helping them reach the height of their potential. This starts well before they ever hit the track. We have a dedicated Anglo Development Program that works with new and established drivers, so whether you have come through the karting ranks and want to see if you can make the step into Formula Ford or if you have never set foot in a race car before and want to see if you have what it takes, we have a program to suit your needs.
Anglo has experience with Konica V8 Supercars, Formula Holden, Historic race cars, V8 Ultima, PRB and Birkin Clubmans; however, our main focus is Formula Ford. Anglo has chosen Formula Ford due to the highly competitive nature of the category, the status that it has within Australia, and the valuable exposure and skill sets that the drivers gain.
In 2002 Anglo established a Junior Development Program (JDP) for young, talented drivers interested in moving into Formula Ford. The Team combined a group of racing mentors and exceptional mechanics to support the drivers in their transition.
The main objectives for the JDP are:
- Make the transition from one level of racing to the next as easy as possible for drivers
- Teach the fundamentals of setting up a Formula Ford
- Train the drivers in motorsport marketing so they will know how to communicate with sponsors and they will learn how to make corporate hospitality days a success
- Assist the drivers in developing their skills in media exposure
- Help prepare the drivers for a future in motor racing by their participation in Formula Ford
- Give talented, young drivers the recognition they deserve as they progress through Formula Ford State, National, and onto V8 Supercars.
Anglo chooses the JDP State Level drivers at the end of the calendar year for the next season. The drivers are selected after a gruelling one-day test in one of Anglo’s Formula Ford race cars where driving ability is judged along with feedback, attitude towards off-track duties, media commitments, and promotional days - as they are the ambassadors for the JDP Sponsors.
Depending upon the driver’s ability and support, some drivers move to the National Level after a year of driving experience at State Level.
If you think you have what it takes, then contact Anglo to have a talk about our Development Program further.